Monday, November 14, 2011

7 Weeks Old

I am a new first time mom. I had my baby 7 weeks ago yesterday. I love him more then I can put into words and I LOVE being a mom. However, balancing the needs of a new baby, school and, going back to work, and spending quality time with my husband is a lot to take on.
Thankfully my baby boy does sleep fairly well at night so I am pretty well rested but, now with cold season here I am fighting a cold on top of everything else. My husband is really wonderful and as soon as he walks in the door at night he takes over baby duties so I can do my school work. But it is getting through the day with a sometimes wide awake and fussy baby that is hard to do.
My classes this semester are reasonably light since I had some what of an idea of what it was going to be like with a new baby at home. But I still find myself rushing to get assignments done in time. Work, is another issue that I really need to find the balance with, technically I have two jobs I work in a nursery at a church part time which is really easy the pay is okay and I can take my son with me to work, I am scared to right now though since he is so young, and hasn't gotten any shots yet, but the option is there.  My other job is I am a consultant for Pure Romance so getting parties booked and keeping in touch with my clients is something I have a hard time doing. With a baby.
When he is awake in the day and I am not feeding him or changing his diapers I want to play with him I don't want to waste that time on the phone or the computer. Especially days like today when he slept a full eight hours last night and woke up this morning so happy and actually giggling and laughing with a big smile on his face for the majority of the day.  Who wants to walk away from a happy baby, who it their right mind would?
Just getting back into the swing of things with a new baby is a balancing act. I know I will get there but it takes some work. I am finding my way through it all though.=)

No comments:

Post a Comment